Level 4 Certificate in Education and Training
Who is this qualification suitable for?
This qualification is for anyone, in-service or pre-service teachers and trainers working in the Lifelong Learning Sector or training sector.
This qualification is suitable for individuals who:
- Want a qualification which focuses on practical teaching
- Want a wide choice of optional units to reflect the context in which they teach
- Are currently teaching and want to have their experience and practice accredited
- Are not currently teaching but can meet the minimum teaching practice requirement of 30 hours
- Are able to undertake a qualification of medium size
- Have the potential to study at this level, which has the same level of demand as the first year of an undergraduate degree
- Are willing to undertake an initial assessment of their skills in English, mathematics and ICT, record their development needs and follow an action plan to address them where necessary
This qualification develops practical teaching and training skills, and through the optional units, prepares individuals to teach and train in a wide range of contexts.
Once you have your qualification you will be able to work in a number of roles as:
- Colleges of further education
- Community/adult education
- Hospitals and healthcare
- Commercial and industrial training
- Technical and support staff
- Personnel in the public sector, uniformed services or HM Forces
"Fully qualified further education (FE) lecturers can earn from £23,000 to £35,000 a year. Advanced skills lecturers can earn from £35,000 to just under £40,000." - Source: National Careers Service.
This qualification consists of 36 credits, with a minimum of 21 credits from level 4 and the option to choose selection of optional units.
This course is designed for delivery over 5 delivery days.
Dates and Locations
Dates available to meet individual candidate requirements, with sessions and dates available now at locations across the West Midlands region.
National dates available across the UK to meet to individual and organisational requirements.
£1,500 per candidate to include all course materials, registration and certification.
Click here for an email enquiry about this course.