Project Management Courses
1 Day Successful Programme Management Course
The role of the programme manager today requires the skills to implement high level business strategy through an integrated portfolio of projects.
This often involves multiple teams of professionals and executive level stakeholders. As a programme manager you need to have a firm grasp of project management but also a set of business, marketing and leadership skills that differ vastly from the project manager. Delegates on this course will therefore focus not only technical competence, but also the ability to develop a big picture strategy, ensuring successful programme management.
Who Should Attend?
This course is aimed at experienced Project Managers and Programme Managers looking for the foundations and best practices of Programme Management.
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Increase the effectiveness of an organisation’s approach to programme management
- Initiate and organise a large-scale programme to implement business strategy
- Manage stakeholder relationships effectively
- Manage, execute and control a successful programme consisting of multiple, related projects
- Establish and implement programme governance to ensure consistent alignment with organisational strategy
- Ensure the realisation of programme benefits
Key Topics Covered
- Defining programme management
- Linking programmes to strategic and company goals
- Programme management life-cycle
- Maintenance and support
- Programme planning
- Programme Management Office
- The Programme Manager’s role in delivering the benefits
- Reporting tools
- Programme risk identification, mitigation, analysis and response
- Interactive practicals including group discussions, role-plays (in small groups), and case study examples
£200 per person plus VAT including all course materials, personalised workbook and WELL certification of completion of training. WELL offer a buy-one get one half price scheme for any courses booked more than 4 weeks prior to course start date.
Click here for an email enquiry about this course.