Event Management Courses
Marketing and PR for your Event on a Budget
This is a highly practical course designed for those involved in events who are keen to successfully promote and market their events, but have only limited or zero budgets to do so. This interactive masterclass is presented in a clear and easily understandable format using a proven mix of tips and techniques to achieve low-budget, high-impact marketing and PR for events.
Who Should Attend?
This 1 day course is suitable for those who are looking for ways to raise awareness and profile of their events, with limited resources. This course is designed to find new ways of reaching and influencing potential and existing customers without the benefit of a large budget.
All attendees will take away an insight into how to reach their target markets for their event with a limited budget. This course will help you to maximise existing resources within your organisation in addition to utilising press, social media and other techniques effectively to increase coverage and reach of your event.
Key Topics Covered
Communicating with potential Customers/Audiences for your event
- Understanding customers and potential customer consumption habits
- Definitions, strengths and weaknesses of different media
- Ads, PR, Online, Direct Mail, Sponsorship – getting everything working together
- Digital media
- Other ways of communicating with customers and potential customers
- Identifying your audiences?
- Making the most of the Internet - websites, social networking and email
- Successful press releases, examples, work-through and templates
- Making press contacts
- Gaining press coverage
On the day and follow-up publicity
- Making the most of last minute publicity opportunities on the day
- Getting the right shots
- Follow-up press releases
- Event spokespeople
- Making the case for spend and fixing an event marketing budget
Evaluating Event Media Coverage
- Assessing press coverage and judging advertising
- Judging ROI
Interactive practicals including group discussions, role-plays (in small groups), and case study examples.
£200 per person plus VAT including all course materials, personalised workbook and WELL certification of completion of training. WELL offer a buy-one get one half price scheme for any courses booked more than 4 weeks prior to course start date.
Click here for an email enquiry about this course.