Emergency Preparedness, Planning and Business Continuity
Emergency and Crisis Management Training
This 2 day course gives a comprehensive introduction to Emergency and Crisis Management for those who have a role in this or lead on this on behalf of their organisation. The course will provide all the key foundations, from outlining the role and responsibilities of your organisation, the importance and key elements of your emergency plan through to roles and working with local partners.
Our experts will deliver an overview of the importance of BCM and how it can be delivered within your organisation. In one day you will go from Business Continuity Management beginner to practitioner in one day. Even if you don't have Business Continuity operational responsibility, you will gain confidence working with those who do and help protect your business.
Who is this qualification suitable for?
This course is primarily designed for those who have strategic lead role for emergency and crisis management and responsibility for the emergency/business continuity plan within their organisation. The challenges presented on the course will appeal to strategic thinkers even if they have relatively little experience of Emergency Planning and Crisis Management.
- The importance of emergency and crisis management planning for your organisation
- Potential threats, emergencies and crises your organisation may need to plan and be aware of
- Local partners and stakeholder engagement and management
- The importance of all forms of media management
- Analysing emergencies and identify the strategic challenges, priorities and issues
- Understanding the decision making process in emergency and crisis situations to enable you to make the right decisions for your organisation
- How to effectively represent your organisation and be an effective member of local Strategic groups
- Knowledge of how the multi-agency emergency management and response is directed and co-ordinated
- You will leave with the confidence, knowledge and skills to lead on Emergency and Crisis Management within your organisation
- You will have full understanding of the roles of different agencies, and the strategic level of emergency planning
- You will have the knowledge and understanding of strategic co-ordinating emergency groups and be able to work effectively immediately with these groups
- You will have the knowledge and skills to develop your own emergency plan for your organisation
- You will have understanding of the roles and responsibilities of your own organisation in relation to dealing with emergencies and crisis
£300 per delegate. WELL operate a buy one, get one half price special rate for any courses booked 4 weeks prior to the start date.
Click here for an email enquiry about this course.