Customer Service Qualifications
Effective Interpersonal Skills – 1 Day Course
This Effective Interpersonal Skills course is designed to help individuals and organisations to develop their people skills and examine how they communicate and interact with suppliers, clients and internal colleagues at all levels.The 1-day programme focuses on different areas of communication, assertiveness and interpersonal skills to equip delegates with a practical understanding of:
- How they can improve their communication skills
- Differences between submissive, agressive & assertive behaviour
- Using effective people skills to persuade & influence
- Delegate and handle criticisim effectively
Who Should Attend?
- Employees and individuals at all levels who communicate with customers, colleagues, clients through any means (telephone, email, in person etc
- Suitable for dealing with internal and external customers and colleagues
The insights gained will help participants improve their overall working relationships, as well as develop a practical Action Plan for the future.
Key Topics Covered
- What are Interpersonal Skills?
- Ways how to improve the effectiveness of your communication and reduce misunderstandings
- The importance of active listening
- Questioning and paraphrasing technique
- What is Assertiveness?
- What is the difference between Submissiveness, Assertiveness and Aggressiveness?
- How Assertive are you?
Understanding and valuing differences
- Appreciation of different communication and working styles
- Find out which style you prefer
- Practice adjusting the way how you communicate to the style of the person we talk or write to
Practising various Interpersonal Skills
- The crucial question when persuading other people
- How you can you influence people around you?
Feedback and Delegation - Applying
- Interpersonal Skills
- How to Delegate effectively
- Handling Criticism constructively
Summary and Close
- Review the main Learning Points from the day
- Creating an Action Plan for the future
- Interactive practicals including group discussions, role-plays (in small groups), and case study example
£225 per person plus VAT. WELL offer a buy-one get one half price scheme for any courses booked more than 4 weeks prior to course start date.
Click here for an email enquiry about this course.